Help with Task Not Serializable Exception using IgniteRDD

javadba javadba

Help with Task Not Serializable Exception using IgniteRDD

The following  simple IgniteRDD code does not work. The closure is very simple and does not contain any references to the enclosing class.

@throws(classOf[Exception])
override def setUp(cfg: BenchmarkConfiguration) {
  super.setUp(cfg)
  sc = new SparkContext("local[4]", "BenchmarkTest")
  sqlContext = new HiveContext(sc)
  ic = new IgniteContext[RddKey, RddVal](sc,
    () ⇒ configuration("client", client = true))
  icCache = ic.fromCache(PARTITIONED_CACHE_NAME)
     icCache.savePairs(  sc.parallelize({
      (0 until 1000).map{ n => (n.toLong, s"Value for key $n")}
        }, 10)) // Error happens here: this is "line 89"
    println(icCache.collect)

}

So then - why is it generating a Task Not Serializable exception?

Here is the Stacktrace:

org.apache.spark.SparkException: Task not serializable
    at org.apache.spark.util.ClosureCleaner$.ensureSerializable(ClosureCleaner.scala:166)
    at org.apache.spark.util.ClosureCleaner$.clean(ClosureCleaner.scala:158)
    at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.clean(SparkContext.scala:1623)
    at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.foreachPartition(RDD.scala:805)
    at org.apache.ignite.spark.IgniteRDD.savePairs(IgniteRDD.scala:170)
    at org.yardstickframework.spark.SparkAbstractBenchmark.setUp(SparkAbstractBenchmark.scala:89)
    at org.yardstickframework.spark.SparkCoreRDDBenchmark.setUp(SparkCoreRDDBenchmark.scala:18)
    at org.yardstickframework.spark.SparkCoreRDDBenchmark$.main(SparkCoreRDDBenchmark.scala:72)
    at org.yardstickframework.spark.SparkNode.start(SparkNode.scala:28)
    at org.yardstickframework.BenchmarkServerStartUp.main(BenchmarkServerStartUp.java:61)
    at org.apache.spark.serializer.SerializationDebugger$ObjectStreamClassMethods$.getObjFieldValues$extension(SerializationDebugger.scala:240)

alexey.goncharuk alexey.goncharuk

Re: Help with Task Not Serializable Exception using IgniteRDD

It looks like your code is compiled against a different version of scala than the ignite or spark modules were compiled. I got similar exceptions while testing when my code was compiled against scala 2.10 and spark was running scala 2.11 or vice-versa. Module com.databricks:spark-csv_2.10:1.1.0 might be the reason for this.