Heap size

prasadbhalerao1983 prasadbhalerao1983

Heap size

Hi,

Is anyone using on heap cache with more than 30 gb jvm heap size in production?

Which gc algorithm are you using?

If yes have you faced any issues relates to long gc pauses?

Thanks,
Prasad
Mikhail Mikhail

Re: Heap size

Hi Prasad,

G1 is a good choice for big heaps, if you have big GC pauses you need to investigate this, might be GC tuning is required, might be you just need to increase heap size, it depends on your case and very specific.
Also, please make sure that you use 31GB heap, or > 40 GB heap, numbers between 31 and 40 is useless, the following article explains why it so: https://blog.codecentric.de/en/2014/02/35gb-heap-less-32gb-java-jvm-memory-oddities/
Also, I want to clarify that ignite stores data in off-heap, heap usually is required for SQL(ignite bring data from off-heap to heap) and for internal structures and your compute tasks of course.

Thanks,
Mike.

чт, 11 окт. 2018 г. в 10:57, Prasad Bhalerao <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Is anyone using on heap cache with more than 30 gb jvm heap size in production?

Which gc algorithm are you using?

If yes have you faced any issues relates to long gc pauses?

Thanks,
Prasad
zaleslaw zaleslaw

Re: Heap size

Sometimes, for blobs and images with size around 100-1000 mbs I'm using G1
with increased heap region size via -XX:G1HeapRegionSize

Also, if you have nodes with 8-24 cores, try to use CMS, it gives small
second GC pause during "remark" phase when you don't change the graph of
objects very often and intensive.