Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

Reddy Reddy

Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

Hi All,

We want to know the best features of Apache ignite(GridGain) when compared to other In memory databases(Hazelcast,Geode) with respective of performnace,reads,writes,backup,storage and keys metadata etc.
Why I am asking this question that you people have solid understanding of ignite and already might  have compared with other IMDBs.

Pls let me know if you have any metrics also.

Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list so that we can see your questions as soon as possible and provide answers on them quicker. All you need to do is send an email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the reply.

Reddy wrote
Hi All,

We want to know the best features of Apache ignite(GridGain) when compared to other In memory databases(Hazelcast,Geode) with respective of performnace,reads,writes,backup,storage and keys metadata etc.
Why I am asking this question that you people have solid understanding of ignite and already might  have compared with other IMDBs.

Pls let me know if you have any metrics also.
I would suggest you referring to GridGain's products comparison page [1] and benchmarks page [2] which have extensive information on what you're looking for.

[1] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/product-comparisons
[2] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/benchmarks

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

I would like to add that Ignite community as part of the Apache Software Foundation cannot publish any competitive benchmarks or product comparisons. This is the reason why we generally provide links to external resources for questions like this.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list so that we can see your questions
as soon as possible and provide answers on them quicker. All you need to do
is send an email to [hidden email].orgî and follow simple
instructions in the reply.

Reddy wrote
> Hi All,
>
> We want to know the best features of Apache ignite(GridGain) when compared
> to other In memory databases(Hazelcast,Geode) with respective of
> performnace,reads,writes,backup,storage and keys metadata etc.
> Why I am asking this question that you people have solid understanding of
> ignite and already might  have compared with other IMDBs.
>
> Pls let me know if you have any metrics also.

I would suggest you referring to GridGain's products comparison page [1] and
benchmarks page [2] which have extensive information on what you're looking
for.

[1] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/product-comparisons
[2] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/benchmarks

Ralph Goers Ralph Goers

Re: Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

That is not strictly correct.  You can do objective performance testing of Ignite and compare that to other solutions, where it is allowed (which it typically would be for other open source solutions). When you do this, it should be done in a way that helps users understand how to best configure Ignite. For example, show how the results differ with different configuration values and in different use cases.

Ralph

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Ralph Goers <[hidden email]> wrote:
That is not strictly correct.  You can do objective performance testing of Ignite and compare that to other solutions, where it is allowed (which it typically would be for other open source solutions). When you do this, it should be done in a way that helps users understand how to best configure Ignite. For example, show how the results differ with different configuration values and in different use cases.

If that's the case, I would run the benchmarks again with completely clear Ignite configuration in github and a proper description on it. I really miss the benchmark results personally, they added a lot of clarity about how to run and configure the project for performance.

Ralph

On Jul 21, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to add that Ignite community as part of the Apache Software Foundation cannot publish any competitive benchmarks or product comparisons. This is the reason why we generally provide links to external resources for questions like this.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Denis Magda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list so that we can see your questions
as soon as possible and provide answers on them quicker. All you need to do
is send an email to [hidden email].orgî and follow simple
instructions in the reply.

Reddy wrote
> Hi All,
>
> We want to know the best features of Apache ignite(GridGain) when compared
> to other In memory databases(Hazelcast,Geode) with respective of
> performnace,reads,writes,backup,storage and keys metadata etc.
> Why I am asking this question that you people have solid understanding of
> ignite and already might  have compared with other IMDBs.
>
> Pls let me know if you have any metrics also.

I would suggest you referring to GridGain's products comparison page [1] and
benchmarks page [2] which have extensive information on what you're looking
for.

[1] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/product-comparisons
[2] http://www.gridgain.com/resources/benchmarks

amitpa amitpa

Re: Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

is there any update on this?

Personally I am very interested in an open source benchmark comparing Geode , Ignite and Hazelcast.

Regards
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Hazelcast vs Ignite vs Geode

Here are the latest benchmarking results for GridGain Professional Edition vs Hazelcast.

GridGain Professional Edition is no more than an Ignite build produced by GridGain meaning that you can consider that benchmark as a comparison between Ignite and Hazelcast.

As for Geode you there is nothing to share for now.

Denis