Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

danami danami

Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

Hi,

I am using C++ Ignite Thin Client (2.8.1 version) to store values in cache on an Ignite local node.
On Ignite log, I get many of the following error messages:

[09:41:13,542][WARNING][grid-nio-worker-client-listener-3-#33][ClientListenerProcessor] Client disconnected abruptly due to network connection loss or because the connection was left open on application shutdown. [cls=class o.a.i.i.util.nio.GridNioException, msg=An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]
[09:41:14,663][SEVERE][grid-nio-worker-client-listener-1-#31][ClientListenerProcessor] Failed to process selector key [ses=GridSelectorNioSessionImpl [worker=ByteBufferNioClientWorker [readBuf=java.nio.HeapByteBuffer[pos=0 lim=8192 cap=8192], super=AbstractNioClientWorker [idx=1, bytesRcvd=0, bytesSent=0, bytesRcvd0=0, bytesSent0=0, select=true, super=GridWorker [name=grid-nio-worker-client-listener-1, igniteInstanceName=null, finished=false, heartbeatTs=1595832071759, hashCode=709103909, interrupted=false, runner=grid-nio-worker-client-listener-1-#31]]], writeBuf=null, readBuf=null, inRecovery=null, outRecovery=null, closeSocket=true, outboundMessagesQueueSizeMetric=null, super=GridNioSessionImpl [locAddr=/127.0.0.1:11110, rmtAddr=/127.0.0.1:54986, createTime=1595832071696, closeTime=0, bytesSent=4320, bytesRcvd=5881, bytesSent0=4320, bytesRcvd0=5881, sndSchedTime=1595832071759, lastSndTime=1595832071759, lastRcvTime=1595832071759, readsPaused=false, filterChain=FilterChain[filters=[GridNioAsyncNotifyFilter, GridNioCodecFilter [parser=ClientListenerBufferedParser, directMode=false], SSL filter], accepted=true, markedForClose=false]]]
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$ByteBufferNioClientWorker.processRead(GridNioServer.java:1162)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.processSelectedKeysOptimized(GridNioServer.java:2449)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.bodyInternal(GridNioServer.java:2216)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.body(GridNioServer.java:1857)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Though it is supposed to be fixed in Ignite version 2.8, so I don't know.

Is there a way to properly disconnect the client before the process dies in C++ API?
Is this a real error unlike the question referred to above? If not, do I have a way to stop the print of these messages?

Thank you for your help!
aealexsandrov aealexsandrov

Re: Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

Hi,

Are you sure that you don't have connectivity problems there? Is it possible
to share full logs?

BR,
Andrei

danami danami

Re: Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

Hi,

Attached is the beginning of a full log of Ignite on the server (the rest of the log file is repeating the mentioned errors).
This node is connected through Zookeeper to another main node.
I checked the cache on both nodes with Visor and it seems to be updated with the right content.

Thanks and regards!

‫בתאריך יום ב׳, 27 ביולי 2020 ב-17:28 מאת ‪aealexsandrov‬‏ <‪[hidden email]‬‏>:‬
Hi,

Are you sure that you don't have connectivity problems there? Is it possible
to share full logs?

BR,
Andrei

ignite-d73d61ca.0.log (10M) Download Attachment
Igor Sapego-1 Igor Sapego-1

Re: Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

Dana,

I think it makes sense to add the "Stop" method to the IgniteClient class,
but currently all connections should terminate successfully once
all the instances of the class are destructed.

Also, the message does not look like a real problem to me, more like a
warning. Does anyone have a clue why there is a SEVERE label?

Best Regards,
Igor

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 6:06 PM Dana Milan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Attached is the beginning of a full log of Ignite on the server (the rest of the log file is repeating the mentioned errors).
This node is connected through Zookeeper to another main node.
I checked the cache on both nodes with Visor and it seems to be updated with the right content.

Thanks and regards!

‫בתאריך יום ב׳, 27 ביולי 2020 ב-17:28 מאת ‪aealexsandrov‬‏ <‪[hidden email]‬‏>:‬
Hi,

Are you sure that you don't have connectivity problems there? Is it possible
to share full logs?

BR,
Andrei

Igor Sapego-1 Igor Sapego-1

Re: Fwd: Exceptions in C++ Ignite Thin Client on process exit

Do you keep an IgniteClient instance somewhere as a global/static variable?

If so, this may not be the best idea, just move it somewhere where it will
have a predictable lifetime and where it can be destroyed before main() is
finished.

Best Regards,
Igor