Feature request: On demand thread dumps from Ignite

Raymond Wilson Raymond Wilson

Feature request: On demand thread dumps from Ignite

Many of the discussion threads here will generate a request for the Jave Ignite thread dump to help triage an issue.

This is not difficult to do with command line Java tooling if you can easily access the server running the node. However, access to those nodes may not be simple (especially in production) and requires hands-on manual intervention to produce.

There does not seem to be a way for an Ignite client (eg: the C# client we use in our implementation) to ask the local Ignite node to dump the thread state to the log based on conditions the client itself may determine.

If this is actually the case then please point me at it:) Otherwise, is this something worth adding to the backlog?

Thanks,
Raymond.

--

Raymond Wilson
Solution Architect, Civil Construction Software Systems (CCSS)
[hidden email]
Zhenya Stanilovsky Zhenya Stanilovsky

Re: Feature request: On demand thread dumps from Ignite

You can call it through compute api [1], i suppose.

[...]

+64-21-2013317 Mobile
raymond_wilson@...

[hidden email]
Zhenya Stanilovsky Zhenya Stanilovsky

Re: Feature request: On demand thread dumps from Ignite

I guess you could find a way to run ThreadDumpPrinterTask or better yet a VisorThreadDumpTask.

I guess we should have thread dumping in the upcoming ignitectl.

Can you file a ticket?