Failing to update metadata for type

Raymond Wilson Raymond Wilson

Failing to update metadata for type

We are getting this error on a PutAsync operation through the C# client on Ignite 2.8.1:

Apache.Ignite.Core.Common.JavaException: class org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectException: Failed to update metadata for type: <TypeName> at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.binary.CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.addMeta(CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.java:588) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.binary.CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl$1.addMeta(CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.java:235) at org.apache.ignite.internal.binary.BinaryContext.updateMetadata(BinaryContext.java:1337) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformContextImpl.processMetadata(PlatformContextImpl.java:337) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.binary.PlatformBinaryProcessor.processInStreamOutLong(PlatformBinaryProcessor.java:73) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformAbstractTarget.processInStreamOutLong(PlatformAbstractTarget.java:87) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.PlatformTargetProxyImpl.inStreamOutLong(PlatformTargetProxyImpl.java:67) Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteClientDisconnectedCheckedException: Failed to send custom message: client is disconnected. at org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager.sendCustomEvent(GridDiscoveryManager.java:2139) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.binary.BinaryMetadataTransport.requestMetadataUpdate(BinaryMetadataTransport.java:226) at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.binary.CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.addMeta(CacheObjectBinaryProcessorImpl.java:548) ... 6 more

This is preceded by the following warning in the same log:

WRN ... Pending update metadata process was failed. Trying to update to new metadata.

I'd like to understand what this warning and error actually mean. There does not seem to be much information via casual Googling, so I thought I would ask here before cracking open the Java source.

For background, we use only binarizable serialization via IBinarizable and provide an IBinarizableSerializer implementation to Ignite configuration on startup, eg:

      cfg.BinaryConfiguration = new BinaryConfiguration
      {
        Serializer = new BinarizableSerializer()
      };

Thanks,
Raymond.

--

Raymond Wilson
Solution Architect, Civil Construction Software Systems (CCSS)
[hidden email]
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Failing to update metadata for type

> IgniteClientDisconnectedCheckedException: Failed to send custom message: client is disconnected.

The client is disconnected from the cluster, so it can't update the metadata.
Please check what causes the disconnect - is the cluster alive, is the network ok?

Thanks,
Pavel