Explicit Communication / Discovery port configuration on the client side needed ?

VeenaMithare VeenaMithare

Explicit Communication / Discovery port configuration on the client side needed ?

Hi ,

1. If we deploy more than one client on same machine - should we explicitly
configure communication and discovery port for the client i.e. should we do
the below :

   <property name="communicationSpi">
        <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.communication.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi">
            <property name="localPort" value="49100"/>
        </bean>

2. The localPortRange for communicationport and discovery port is 100 . Why
is this range needed ?

3. Can the port range be reduced to 5 on the client side configuration ?

regards,
Veena

Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Explicit Communication / Discovery port configuration on the client side needed ?

Hi,

  1. You don’t have to specify the communication settings explicitly, usually it’s ok to leave the defaults.
  2. This is indeed your case, if one port is already occupied, the next one is chosen
  3. You can reduce it directly in your node configuration. But it’s static configuration and applicable only for a given node. I.e. if you need to adjust it for server then you should modify your server side configuration.