Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

tomk tomk

Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

Hello,
below, I attached some exception that I get during querying by JDBC client.  It occurs for SELECT * COUNT.
It is very important that this exception occurs about once every three times - twice getting the correct result.
My cache has exactly 3000000 entries.

java.sql.SQLException: Failed to query Ignite.
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.jdbc.JdbcStatement.executeQuery(JdbcStatement.java:122)
        at Tester.main(Tester.java:41)
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.internal.client.impl.connection.GridClientConnectionResetException: Failed to perform request (connection failed): /127.0.0.1:11212
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.impl.connection.GridClientConnection.getCloseReasonAsException(GridClientConnection.java:491)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.impl.connection.GridClientNioTcpConnection.close(GridClientNioTcpConnection.java:336)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.impl.connection.GridClientNioTcpConnection.close(GridClientNioTcpConnection.java:296)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.client.impl.connection.GridClientConnectionManagerAdapter$NioListener.onDisconnected(GridClientConnectionManagerAdapter.java:605)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterChain$TailFilter.onSessionClosed(GridNioFilterChain.java:249)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterAdapter.proceedSessionClosed(GridNioFilterAdapter.java:93)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioCodecFilter.onSessionClosed(GridNioCodecFilter.java:70)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterAdapter.proceedSessionClosed(GridNioFilterAdapter.java:93)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$HeadFilter.onSessionClosed(GridNioServer.java:2115)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterChain.onSessionClosed(GridNioFilterChain.java:147)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.close(GridNioServer.java:1659)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$ByteBufferNioClientWorker.processRead(GridNioServer.java:731)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.processSelectedKeys(GridNioServer.java:1463)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.bodyInternal(GridNioServer.java:1398)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.body(GridNioServer.java:1280)
        at org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
?
Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

Hi,

How long does it usually take to execute such query? I’m quite sure that you’re facing with an I/O timeout that terminates the connection between the client and server because query execution takes long time on the server side.

The first thing to do is to give a try to the latest Ignite release [1] that contains the fix for the issue [2] you most probably facing with.
The second thing to do is to increase ConnectorConfiguration.idleTimeout on the server side. This can be done in the following way:

IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();

ConnectorConfiguration connectorConfiguration = new ConnectorConfiguration();

connectorConfiguration.setIdleTimeout(30_000);

cfg.setConnectorConfiguration(connectorConfiguration);

Denis

tomk tomk

Re: Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

| How long does it usually take to execute such query? I’m quite sure that you’re facing with an I/O timeout that terminates the connection between the client and server because query execution takes long time on the server side.

Yeah, I have the same guess.

So what I should to do ?
Increase timeout or try new version ?
When it comes to increase timeout - is it possible to do it using xml config file?

Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

So what I should to do ?
Increase timeout or try new version ?
When it comes to increase timeout - is it possible to do it using xml config file?

Try switching to the new version first. And yes it’s possible to set ConnectorConfiguration in XML.

Denis

On May 26, 2016, at 6:32 PM, Tomek W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.close(GridNioServer.java:1659)
       at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$ByteBufferNioClientWorker.processRead(GridNioServer.java:731)
       at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.processSelectedKeys(GridNioServer.java:1463)
       at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.bodyInternal(GridNioServer.java:1398)
       at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioServer$AbstractNioClientWorker.body(GridNioServer.java:1280)
       at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

tomk tomk

Re: Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

Ok, so firstly upgrade.
If it don't solve problem, increase timeout (on new version too).

Does it mean that my SQL quries speed up ?

Denis Magda Denis Magda

Re: Exception during querying by jdbc - occurs on average once every 5 times

Does it mean that my SQL quries speed up ?

Yes, it does.

Denis