Error Monitoring

hueb1 hueb1

Error Monitoring

Why is it recommended to use the LoggerResource instead of using Log4j in our own IgniteCallable classes for example?   Does the ignite-log4j module come with extra logic to aggregate logs to specific nodes for easier collection?

My current idea is to install Splunk universal forwarders on each of the EC2 hosts where Log4j will be used by each Ignite process to output to a Splunk consumable folder.  I can then use Splunk's dashboard, aggregation tools, etc to do monitoring, setup alerts, etc...

I'm new to Ignite so is there a better way to accomplish this kind of monitoring within the Ignite platform itself?

Re: Error Monitoring

Hi,

LoggerResource injects an instance of IgniteLogger, which is our abstract API for logging. We recommend to use it just in case you want to switch to another implementation - you will need to change only configuration, but not the code.

There is the Log4JLogger implementation which is used automatically if ignite-log4j module is on classpath. It actually just redirects to Log4J and can be configured in the same way as Log4J.

Makes sense?

-Val
hueb1 hueb1

Re: Error Monitoring