Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

John Gardner John Gardner

Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

Hi everyone

We've been using Ignite (actually GridGain) in AWS for a couple of years, but in a very basic way.  Now we're in a position to use a lot more of the functionality we need to start monitoring valid metrics more and subsequently alert on issues.

We're trying to automate our processes as much as possible using CI and CodeDeploy, but we really need to understand when the entire cluster is rebalanced successfully, because only then can we trigger further autonomous operations.

What tricks and techniques is everybody using for this?

Thanks in advance.

John

John Gardner John Gardner

Re: Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

I've found a similar request from Evgenii Zhuravlev in December 2019, and some solutions, but I was hoping that these metrics were available via the REST API?

John

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 08:19, John Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone

We've been using Ignite (actually GridGain) in AWS for a couple of years, but in a very basic way.  Now we're in a position to use a lot more of the functionality we need to start monitoring valid metrics more and subsequently alert on issues.

We're trying to automate our processes as much as possible using CI and CodeDeploy, but we really need to understand when the entire cluster is rebalanced successfully, because only then can we trigger further autonomous operations.

What tricks and techniques is everybody using for this?

Thanks in advance.

John

John Gardner
Infrastructure Manager

W:[hidden email]
Email Marketing in a Privacy Conscious World - Download Report

Re: Effective Monitoring of Rebalancing

Hello!

I believe you can invoke VisorNodeDataCollectorJob and its friends via REST's execute command, and it has rebalance status.

It's used in Visor CLI as well as GridGain's Web Console.