Does user thread interruption impact Ignite?

xingjl6280 xingjl6280

Does user thread interruption impact Ignite?

Hi team,

Due to biz purpose, I need to interrupte my thread which using ignite lock
and cache, by future.cancel(true).

Then I see lots of exception:
javax.cache.CacheException: class
org.apache.ignite.IgniteInterruptedException: Failed to wait for
asynchronous operation permit (thread got interrupted).

My question is, does this action cause any unrecoverable impact inside
Ignite?
If yes, is there any better way to stop a user thread immediately?

Please kindly advise, thank you

akurbanov akurbanov

Re: Does user thread interruption impact Ignite?

Hello,

Does these exceptions impact the cluster in your use-case? I would say that
this should be generally safe to interrupt user threads running on a client
side, but it is hard to say if there is any corner case or a critical
operation that might lead to cluster being impacted with interrupt.

I recall that I mostly aware of cases where this kind of exception was a
consequence rather that a cause.

Interrupts are also used to timeout a compute task, so I would say that you
should be safe doing the same.

Please post logs if you will ever see issues with interrupts being the cause
of cluster issue.

Best regards,
Anton