Does it make sense to think about having the H2 database embedded in ignite flush tables to disk?

William Kemper William Kemper

Does it make sense to think about having the H2 database embedded in ignite flush tables to disk?

I'm looking at this example of automatic persistence: http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/v1.2/docs/automatic-persistence where in the CacheJdbcPojoStore connects to an _external_ H2 database for persistence. But would it be possible? or sensible? to have the _embedded_ H2 database (optionally) use files on disk to automate persistence?

Re: Does it make sense to think about having the H2 database embedded in ignite flush tables to disk?

William,

I don't think so. Embedded in-memory database doesn't actually stores the data, it provides indexing and controls the query execution. Data itself is still stored in key-value storage and can be persisted using CacheJdbcPojoStore or any other CacheStore implementation.

Does this make sense?

-Val