Does Swap Space support SSD

yaoqin yaoqin

Does Swap Space support SSD

Does Swap Space support SSD?

And if so, will it improve swap space performace?

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Does Swap Space support SSD

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 7:34 PM, yaoqin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does Swap Space support SSD?

Yes, it does.

And if so, will it improve swap space performace?

Yes, SSDs will generally be faster than regular disk.

yaoqin yaoqin

答复: Does Swap Space support SSD

Thank you

Is there any extra settings, if I use SSDs instead of normal disks?

Or just insert a SSD to an ignite node without any configurations?

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 7:34 PM, yaoqin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does Swap Space support SSD?

Yes, it does.

And if so, will it improve swap space performace?

Yes, SSDs will generally be faster than regular disk.

Re: 答复: Does Swap Space support SSD

yaoqin wrote
Is there any extra settings, if I use SSDs instead of normal disks?
Or just insert a SSD to an ignite node without any configurations?
Current implementation of swap space SPI uses standard Java file API, do it can transparently work with both spin disks and SSD. There are no SSD-specific settings.

-Val
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: 答复: Does Swap Space support SSD

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:06 PM, vkulichenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
yaoqin wrote
> Is there any extra settings, if I use SSDs instead of normal disks?
> Or just insert a SSD to an ignite node without any configurations?

Current implementation of swap space SPI uses standard Java file API, do it
can transparently work with both spin disks and SSD. There are no
SSD-specific settings.

-Val

I should also mention that Swap implementation is already very optimized for block-level reading which is the case with SSDs. It stores groups of objects in separate files on SSDs, and for every file it keeps an in-memory index for where each value is stored in that file.