Distributed Cluster Deployment

shicheng31604@gmail.com shicheng31604@gmail.com

Distributed Cluster Deployment

Hi all:
    The official documentation on the cluster building part seems to only mention TCP/IP and Zookeeper discovery, and the case is also implemented through the Spring project. I am more concerned about whether it is possible to build a distributed cluster directly?If so , how ?

Vladimir Pligin Vladimir Pligin

Re: Distributed Cluster Deployment

Hi,

Spring here is just a convenient way of configuration building.
Ignite is not tightly bound to it. You're able to construct everything
programmatically.
For example here https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/tcpip-discovery you can
switch example from "XML" to "Java".
And Spring xml configuration

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
  <property name="discoverySpi">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
      <property name="ipFinder">
        <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">
          <property name="multicastGroup" value="228.10.10.157"/>
        </bean>
      </property>
    </bean>
  </property>
</bean>

turns into

TcpDiscoverySpi spi = new TcpDiscoverySpi();

TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder ipFinder = new
TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder();

ipFinder.setMulticastGroup("228.10.10.157");

spi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);

IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();

cfg.setDiscoverySpi(spi);

Ignition.start(cfg);

Does it make sense?

shicheng31604@gmail.com shicheng31604@gmail.com

Re: Re: Distributed Cluster Deployment

Maybe I didn't describe it clearly. How to configure Ignite, you can achieve distributed without external configuration, and then directly use the sqline command to connect, for distributed query operations. Should it be through the configuration file below the installation file? I see that the configuration file that comes with it seems to be the format that Spring requires. Is there any relation  between the two?

Re: Re: Distributed Cluster Deployment

Hello!

The easiest way to configure Ignite without external configuration is just issuing Ignition.start() in your Java code.

It uses Multicast IP finder by default, so if you start several nodes in a single subnet they should join as a single distributed cluster.

Then you can use sqlline to connect to any node.

shicheng31604@gmail.com shicheng31604@gmail.com

Re: Re: Distributed Cluster Deployment

You mean that I need to configure Ignite with Java code (call Ignition.start()) so that I can  use sqlline.sh directly in the shell for distributed queries?

Re: Re: Distributed Cluster Deployment

Hello!

I think you can use sqlline.sh directly in the shell for distributed queries either way: with Java and with XML.