Disable remote cache creation from clients

rom_we rom_we

Disable remote cache creation from clients

I'm creating shared cache cluster (governance by infrastructure team) that
will be used by different application teams in the organization.
I would like to prevent from clients to create remote caches (caches should
be predefined prior to client use) and only allow them put/get operations
and hold local near cache.

What is the best approach to obtain such functionality ?
(I know that there is a thin client option but in that case clients will not get the near cache and partitions aware advantages )

Roman Guseinov Roman Guseinov

Re: Disable remote cache creation from clients

Hi,

As far as I know, Ignite doesn't support this from the box. But you can
implement the GridSecurityProcessor interface [1] for checking
SecurityPermission#CACHE_CREATE permission on the client nodes.

Best Regards,
Roman

[1]
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/advanced-security#section-authorization