Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository

Isaeed Mohanna Isaeed Mohanna

Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository

Hi
i am currently use Apache Ignite v 1.0.0 and i would like to upgrade to a more recent version for some bugs and new functionality.
In the official ignite repository i can see only V1.0.0 as release and versions 1.3 as alpha release.
However i see that is grid gain ignite repository there is v 1.3.3 as the most recent version.
It would be great if i could get a clarification on the difference between the two repositories and why for example V1.3.3 does not appear in official repository? and if versions on official repository are really alpha builds of that version?
Thanks

Re: Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository

Hi,

All releases listed on Apache Ignite download page are stable, not alpha. Probably you were confused by '-incubating' suffix, but it's there only because project was in incubation process when these versions were released. We already graduated, so 1.4.0 will not have it. BTW, we expect it next week.

GridGain community edition is a binary build created by GridGain which provides additional bug fixes and features that are not released as a part of Ignite yet. E.g., GridGain 1.3.3 is based on Ignite 1.3.0.

Makes sense?

-Val
Isaeed Mohanna Isaeed Mohanna

Re: Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository

Hi
I got confused because maven official repository lists these builds as alpha in the type column as seen hereĀ http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.ignite/ignite-core
It will help resolve the confusion if the build type is changed to stable instead of alpha...
So if i understand correctly I should use the official maven repository unless there is a specific fix that i need then i should pull from grid gain repository.
Thank you

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

All releases listed on Apache Ignite download page are stable, not alpha. Probably you were confused by '-incubating' suffix, but it's there only because project was in incubation process when these versions were released. We already graduated, so 1.4.0 will not have it. BTW, we expect it next week.

GridGain community edition is a binary build created by GridGain which provides additional bug fixes and features that are not released as a part of Ignite yet. E.g., GridGain 1.3.3 is based on Ignite 1.3.0.

Makes sense?

-Val

To unsubscribe from Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository, click here.
NAML

Re: Difference between official ignite repository and gridgain repository

Isaeed Mohanna wrote
Hi
I got confused because maven official repository lists these builds as
alpha in the type column as seen here
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.ignite/ignite-core
It will help resolve the confusion if the build type is changed to stable
instead of alpha...
So if i understand correctly I should use the official maven repository
unless there is a specific fix that i need then i should pull from grid
gain repository.
Thank you
mvnrepository.com is not a repository, it's just a search engine (third-party, AFAIK). And it looks like this site treats '-incubating' qualifier as a sign of alpha release, which is actually not correct, so I would ignore this.

1.3.0 is the latest stable version of Ignite and it's absolutely OK to use it.

-Val