Difference between cache and compute example config

pgarg pgarg

Difference between cache and compute example config

asked by od

What is the difference (besides the obvious cache setup) between the example-cache and example-compute xml config files? In other words - if I elect to use the cache config, can I still distribute computation? Vice versa - if I elect compute config, does it still "cache"? Finally, how can I have both in the same config? Thanks!

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Difference between cache and compute example config

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

The only difference is the cache configuration. In Ignite you can compute on any node at any time. So, yes, you can issue computations on the nodes started with example-cache.xml configuration.

-----