Difference between Stopping and Closing Ignite on C#

Raymond Wilson Raymond Wilson

Difference between Stopping and Closing Ignite on C#

I've just been reading this article (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52780726/how-to-trigger-ignite-checkpoint-before-shutdown) which indicates that Ignition.Stop() will terminate a currently executing check point, but that Ignite.Close() will not.

I can't seem to find a Close() method on IIgnite in the C# client. Is this supported?

We are seeingvery slow system start-up times due to binary memory state restoration (5-10 minutes for this phase) which appears to be related to uncheckpointed changes in WAL files, so I want to make sure a checkpoint that is in progress is not terminated during shutdown.

Thanks
Raymond

--

Raymond Wilson
Solution Architect, Civil Construction Software Systems (CCSS)
[hidden email]
Raymond Wilson Raymond Wilson