Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

pgarg pgarg

Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

This post was updated on .
asked by john robert

I've been playing for a while with your examples but looks like since I've updated to 1.0.0 I keep getting ClassNotFoundExceptions

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheQueryConfiguration

Which indeed is not part of ignite-core.jar anymore.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

This post was updated on .
commented by dmitriy setrakyan

Between RC3 and the 1.0.0 release we were adding ways to simplify configuration. The changes to the API are not big, but queries and streaming were affected (I should say simplified) probably the most.

1. CacheQueryConfiguration is simply not needed anymore.
2. Please refer to CacheQueryExample for all the query examples and configuration.

We have also added many interesting features, such as:

1. Added automatic aggregation, grouping, and sorting support to SQL queries.
2. Added dynamic caches, i.e. ability to start and stop caches during runtime.
3. Added Ignition.setClientMode(...) method to easily separate between client and data nodes.

Please post here if you encounter any difficulties with the API and we will do our best to help you.

-----
pgarg pgarg

Re: Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

I should also mention that APIs were changed because it was RC and not 1.0 yet. Starting from 1.0, the APIs will not be changed (or changes will be very minimal and only whenever absolutely required).

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
pgarg pgarg

Re: Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

commented by john smith

The example example-ignite.xml, example-cache.xml

There's no particular cache setting if anything very minimal...

What happened to queryIndexEnabled? I tried defaults but then the grid throws an error that it's not setup for queries. tried looking in Github but couldn't find it...

-----
pgarg pgarg

Re: Did you guys just broke all xml examples ?

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

John, please make sure that you have your JAR deployed on each Ignite node and that each node is running on 1.0 version.

Ignite caches can be configured dynamically on the fly and don't require any explicit XML configuration, even though you can still have it. Query indexing should be enabled automatically if you specify at least one key-value pair as indexed type:

CacheConfiguration.setIndexedTypes(MyKey.class, MyValue.class)

Are you able to run CacheQueryExample with remote nodes? You should start remote nodes using ExampleNodeStartup class.

-----