Between RC3 and the 1.0.0 release we were adding ways to simplify configuration. The changes to the API are not big, but queries and streaming were affected (I should say simplified) probably the most.
1. CacheQueryConfiguration is simply not needed anymore.
2. Please refer to CacheQueryExample for all the query examples and configuration.
We have also added many interesting features, such as:
1. Added automatic aggregation, grouping, and sorting support to SQL queries.
2. Added dynamic caches, i.e. ability to start and stop caches during runtime.
3. Added Ignition.setClientMode(...) method to easily separate between client and data nodes.
Please post here if you encounter any difficulties with the API and we will do our best to help you.
John, please make sure that you have your JAR deployed on each Ignite node and that each node is running on 1.0 version.
Ignite caches can be configured dynamically on the fly and don't require any explicit XML configuration, even though you can still have it. Query indexing should be enabled automatically if you specify at least one key-value pair as indexed type: