[DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project

Saikat Maitra Saikat Maitra

[DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project

Hello,

We wanted to discuss on a proposal to move and support the Apache Ignite integrations as separate Ignite Extensions as discussed here http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Pub-Sub-Streamer-Implementation-td43944.html

The reason we wanted to move our Apache Ignite integration as  separate Extensions is this will help us to manage and maintain separate lifecycle for Apache Ignite integrations.

All the integrations will continue to be part of ASF and we will  keep supporting and developing in accordance with ASF vision and practices.

We are considering following two choices for moving to Apache Ignite Extensions:

1. Reach out to Apache Bahir community and propose to make Ignite Extensions a separate module as part of Apache Bahir project.

2. Reach out to Apache Incubator community and request for a new project for Ignite Extensions.

Please review and share feedback on our proposal.

Warm Regards,
Saikat
Saikat Maitra Saikat Maitra

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project

Hi,

I discussed with Apache Bahir community and they are interested to have Apache Ignite extensions as part of Apache Bahir project.

I have also requested for contributor access in Jira for Apache Bahir project so that I can create issues and assign to myself. I can help with code reviews as well.

Also my thoughts on releases specific to dependencies for Apache Ignite is to do a fast follow up release for modules based on latest Apache Ignite stable release.

Here is the email thread for reference https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg02703.html

I wanted to connect and get feedback on the proposal and if we are ok to move the following Apache Ignite Extensions

Regards,
Saikat

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 9:44 PM Saikat Maitra <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Saikat
zaleslaw zaleslaw

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project

Please, give me permissions too, I'd glad to help with this modules migration and support part of them in future, but also we need not only contributor but a few Committer permissions to merge In repository in other side it could be very long proccess.

Could you ask Bahir Community about that?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-36%3A+Modularization#IEP-36:Modularization-IndependentIntegrations

wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We wanted to discuss on a proposal to move and support the Apache Ignite
> integrations as separate Ignite Extensions as discussed here
> http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Pub-Sub-Streamer-Implementation-td43944.html
> .
>
> The reason we wanted to move our Apache Ignite integration as  separate
> Extensions is this will help us to manage and maintain separate lifecycle
> for Apache Ignite integrations.
>
> All the integrations will continue to be part of ASF and we will  keep
> supporting and developing in accordance with ASF vision and practices.
>
> We are considering following two choices for moving to Apache Ignite
> Extensions:
>
> 1. Reach out to Apache Bahir community and propose to make Ignite
> Extensions a separate module as part of Apache Bahir project.
>
> https://bahir.apache.org/
>

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces96
>

> 2. Reach out to Apache Incubator community and request for a new project
> for Ignite Extensions.
>
> Please review and share feedback on our proposal.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Saikat

zaleslaw zaleslaw

Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for Ignite Extensions as a separate Bahir module or Incubator project

Also, dear Saikat Maitra, could you please describe how you see the release cycles in Bahir Ignite Extensions and how it be related to Ignite release, 2.9, 3.0 for example.

Thank you for your energy