Continuous query not transactional ?

VeenaMithare VeenaMithare

Continuous query not transactional ?

Hi ,

This is in continuation of the below statement on this post :
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Lag-before-records-are-visible-after-transaction-commit-tp33787p33861.html

>>Continuous Query itself is not transactional and it looks like it can't be
used for this at the moment. So, it gets notification before other entries
were committed.

Does this mean we could get dirty reads as updates in continuous query ?
i.e. for eg if the code is as below:
1. Start transaction
2. update records of cache a
3. update records of cache b
4. update records for cache c
5. commit

if update of cache a succeeds , but update of cache b fails, will the local
listener for continuous query for 'cache a' get an update ?

regards,
Veena.

regards
Veena.

Re: Continuous query not transactional ?

Hello!

I'm not sure, but I would assume that changes are visible after commit(), but you can see these changes in any order, and you can see cache a update without cache b update, for example. This is for committed transactions.

For rolled back transactions, I don't know. I expect you won't be able to see change as you have described, but won't bet on it.

чт, 15 окт. 2020 г. в 20:35, VeenaMithare <[hidden email]>:
Hi ,

This is in continuation of the below statement on this post :
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Lag-before-records-are-visible-after-transaction-commit-tp33787p33861.html

>>Continuous Query itself is not transactional and it looks like it can't be
used for this at the moment. So, it gets notification before other entries
were committed.

Does this mean we could get dirty reads as updates in continuous query ?
i.e. for eg if the code is as below:
1. Start transaction
2. update records of cache a
3. update records of cache b
4. update records for cache c
5. commit

if update of cache a succeeds , but update of cache b fails, will the local
listener for continuous query for 'cache a' get an update ?

regards,
Veena.

regards
Veena.

VeenaMithare VeenaMithare

Re: Continuous query not transactional ?

This post was updated on .
Hi Ilya,

That is what I assume too, could someone from the developers community help
confirm/comment on  this ?

If dirty reads are visible in updates of continuous query, wouldn't it be a major gap in the transactional behaviour of ignite ?

regards,
Veena.