Connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver

kavitha kavitha

Connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver

Hi,

I installed Apache Ignite 64 bit ODBC driver. I have NORTHWIND sql database in my machine. I need to connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver. How can I implement this?

Spring XML file configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">
<bean id="ignite.cfg" class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
  <property name="odbcConfiguration">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.OdbcConfiguration"/>
  </property>
</bean>
</beans>

My use case: If I execute following command in cmd, I want to display Customers table from NORTHWIND database.

F:\Apache\apache-ignite-fabric-1.9.0-bin\apache-ignite-fabric-1.9.0-bin\bin>ignite.bat my-file.xml

Igor Sapego Igor Sapego

Re: Connect sql database through Apache Ignite ODBC driver

Hi,

You can take a look at platforms\cpp\examples\odbc-example\src\odbc_example.cpp
for the reference. You may also want to read documentation [1].

To be short, you need to write a program in C or C++, or any other language that
supports ODBC, connect to Ignite node as if it was a database and run the query
like you do with any other database.

Best Regards,
Igor