Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency between CacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

the_palakkaran the_palakkaran

Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency between CacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

Hi,

Why do I get the below error while starting up ignite clustered?

Both Ignite native persistence and CacheStore are configured for cache
'cacheStoresExampleCache'. This configuration does not guarantee strict
consistency between CacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.
Consult documentation for more details.

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

RE: Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency betweenCacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

Well, exactly what it says – Ignite doesn’t guarantee consistency between CacheStore and Native Persistence.

Because of this you may end up with different data in the 3rd party DB and Ignite’s persistence,

so using such configuration is not advised.

See this page https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/3rd-party-store#section-using-3rd-party-persistence-together-with-ignite-persistence

However, if you’re sure you want to use Ignite like that, then you can ignore the warning.

Stan

the_palakkaran the_palakkaran

RE: Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency betweenCacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

Did not fully understand what it says, but does it like even if values in my
DB is changed, it wont automatically get updated into the ignite cache? Or
is the concept something else? I just have a read through enabled cache.

I also had the below error before it, just noticed. Is it related to the
other?

Local node is not included in Baseline Topology and will not be used for
persistent data storage. Use control.(sh|bat) script or IgniteCluster
interface to include the node to Baseline Topology.

Mikael Mikael

Re: Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency betweenCacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

If you use native persistence it will use that data, you will have to
make sure you get the cachestore used yourself if the original data
change, normally you would use the cache store without native
persistence but that depends on how you want to use it, if you restart
the node everything will always be there as it is saved on disk so it
will never read anything from the cachestore after the first time unless
you tell it to do that.

After you have set the baseline topology it will use that set of nodes
for persistence, if you add another node after that (that has
persistence enabled), you must tell Ignite to include it (set base line
topology).

Mikael

Den 2018-10-09 kl. 21:00, skrev the_palakkaran:

> Did not fully understand what it says, but does it like even if values in my
> DB is changed, it wont automatically get updated into the ignite cache? Or
> is the concept something else? I just have a read through enabled cache.
>
> I also had the below error before it, just noticed. Is it related to the
> other?
>
> Local node is not included in Baseline Topology and will not be used for
> persistent data storage. Use control.(sh|bat) script or IgniteCluster
> interface to include the node to Baseline Topology.

the_palakkaran the_palakkaran

Re: Configuration does not guarantee strict consistency betweenCacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

How do I tell Ignite to include a node in the baseline topology? Isn't it the
hosts that I set to TCPIpFinder? Also, is it possible to dynamically add a
new node to the cluster?

Stanislav Lukyanov Stanislav Lukyanov

RE: Configuration does not guarantee strict consistencybetweenCacheStore and Ignite data storage upon restarts.

Refer to this: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#section-usage-scenarios

Stan