Configuration Files and storage location

Wolfgang Meyerle Wolfgang Meyerle

Configuration Files and storage location

Hi community,

I have a question regarding the xml configuration which is used in
clients / servers and thinclients.

Is it really necessary that each node is using the same configuration?
I'm just asking because I'm trying out to setup multiple servers in one
machine which totally is nonsense in a production release but worth
working in a debugging environment and to find out how Ignite acts in
certain use cases.

I started basically two server configurations. One from a cpp code
environment and the other from the usual ./ignite.sh bash script which
has been provided with the release.

The ignite environment was started first and somehow seems to block the
cpp code from inserting data into the persistent storage as I cannot see
my log output but just that the node has started up.

After I started the ignite.sh script I activated the server node with
control.sh --activate

Is that maybe the problem as new nodes are not accepted anymore to be
joined to the topology?

Why do I have to activate the nodes or deactivate them anyway in the
first place. In my mind the servers should be shutdown when the last
node leaves the topology....

Regards,

Wolfgang

Re: Configuration Files and storage location

Hello!

Too many unrelated issues are wrapped together here.

First, you do not need to have identical config for all nodes in the cluster. Paths may surely differ. Some property need to be the same, some don't.

Second, you may change the node's consistentId to specify which persistence files to use, even if their config is otherwise identical. If consistentId is not used then one node may capture the data dir and the second one will not be able to use it / create one from scratch.

Last, nodes may be added to cluster at any time but you should make sure that baseline topology is fixed also. Node is not added/removed to baseline topology unless you do that manually. You may also configure auto-adjust.