Combine key value with SQL opeartions over cache

matanlevy matanlevy

Combine key value with SQL opeartions over cache

I am using Ignite Cache in my program, with a REST client.

as a part of it I am combing simple key-value operations with SQL.
basiclly I am using the simple key-value API for a single record operation,
and SQL is used for deleting/getting multiple records.

I saw here :
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/how-ignite-sql-works#concurrent-modifications
how ignite SQL solves concurrency issues.

does it apply also for combing SQL and simple key-val operations?

i.e, how can I ensure that running simple GetValue immedaitly after SQL
opeartions will get the up to date value?

Thanks!

Re: Combine key value with SQL opeartions over cahce

Hello!

It's not obvious what you are asking. I will try to answer anyway.

If you do an SQL update via REST, wait for it to return, and then do a get operation, it should return up to date value if any one of the following is true:
- There's just one node in cluster.
- There are no backups configured for this table.
- readFromBackup is false.
- Cache write mode is FULL_SYNC (this is configurable when creating table, btw).

Hi,