Code dependent on jars, do jars move from machine to machine?

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Code dependent on jars, do jars move from machine to machine?

asked by philip andrew

Hi,

So if I write some code dependent on some jars, ie, if my Scala code has SBT dependency, how can those dependencies move to other machines?

Does it happen automatically? What do I have to do in this case if it doesn't happen automatically?

Philip

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Code dependent on jars, do jars move from machine to machine?

commented by dmitriy setrakyan

You actually forced me to add more documentation: Zero Deployment :)

The answer to your question is that JAR files do not get copied, only class definitions get automatically copied.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Code dependent on jars, do jars move from machine to machine?

commented by vitaliy shopov

Only compiled byte-code is copied.

-----