Clarification on binary object cache configuration

Romain Gilles-2 Romain Gilles-2

Clarification on binary object cache configuration

Hi Igniters,
I would like a clarification. If I create my cache with the following option:
config.setStoreKeepBinary(true);
Do I have to use the following call in order to work with BinaryObject?
ignite.cache(cacheName).withKeepBinary()...

Thanks in advance,

Romain
alexey.goncharuk alexey.goncharuk

Re: Clarification on binary object cache configuration

Hi Romain,

No, if you set storeKeepBinary(true), then values will be passed to a store in binary format regardless of the withKeepBinary() flag on cache API.
Romain Gilles-2 Romain Gilles-2

Re: Clarification on binary object cache configuration

Ok,
Thank you!

Romain