Changing password of USER "ignite"

Mahesh Renduchintala Mahesh Renduchintala

Changing password of USER "ignite"

Hi,

we are looking to start adding security with some basic authentication.
To begin with change the USER "ignite" password to something else.

When using the SQL   - ALTER USER "ignite" WITH PASSWORD 'abc123';
We get the below error.

Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty.

Is there any example or something to get this basic operation right?
I understand, for advanced security, we need to implement custom security plugins, but for the above simple thing, is there a quick solution.

regards
mahesh
李玉珏@163 李玉珏@163

Re: Changing password of USER "ignite"

Hi,

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/advanced-security

<bean id="ignite.cfg" class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
    <!-- Enabling Apache Ignite Persistent Store. -->
    <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
            <property name="defaultDataRegionConfiguration">
                <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
                    <property name="persistenceEnabled" value="true"/>
                </bean>
            </property>
        </bean>
    </property>

    <!-- Enabling authentication. -->
    <property name="authenticationEnabled" value="true"/>

  <!-- Other Ignite configurations. -->

</bean>

在 2019/9/30 下午9:52, Mahesh Renduchintala 写道:

mahesh
Mahesh Renduchintala Mahesh Renduchintala

Re: Changing password of USER "ignite"

We followed all that, ignite user name and ignite password for the DB work fine
Now we want change the password to something else.  This is when we get
Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty.

The SQL used was  ALTER USER "ignite" WITH PASSWORD 'abc123'
akurbanov akurbanov

Re: Changing password of USER "ignite"

Hi Mahesh,

How do you execute this query, what kind of client do you use to execute the query? The syntax is correct, but it seems that there is some issue with authorization context. What steps must be done to reproduce that?

Regards,
Anton

пн, 30 сент. 2019 г. в 20:36, Mahesh Renduchintala <[hidden email]>:
We followed all that, ignite user name and ignite password for the DB work fine
Now we want change the password to something else.  This is when we get
Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty.

The SQL used was  ALTER USER "ignite" WITH PASSWORD 'abc123'
Mahesh Renduchintala Mahesh Renduchintala

Re: Changing password of USER "ignite"

-1-
Step a)
Login to GridGain
enter user name "ignite" and password "ignite" to connect to your cluster.

Step b)
Go to the notebook tab, execute the SQL
   ----The SQL used was  in note book was  - ALTER USER "ignite" WITH PASSWORD 'abc123'

Gridgain pops up
Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty.

-2-

Sql = "ALTER USER "ignite" WITH PASSWORD 'abc123'"
results = superCache.query(sql).getAll();
We get a print
Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty.
Very easy to produce.

regards
mahesh
Mahesh Renduchintala Mahesh Renduchintala

Re: Changing password of USER "ignite"

So what we found out is, we are able to change the password with DBeaver after connecting to the DB using
username: ignite
password: ignite

However, the same does not work via Grid gain. Grid gain gives the following error.
Gridgain pops up
Error: Operation not allowed: authorized context is empty