Change default tcp ports for Apache Ignite

pgarg pgarg

Change default tcp ports for Apache Ignite

asked by colin duggan

I have another instance of apache running on my local machine on port 8082. I would like to change my Apache Ignite node to start on a different port. Can someone provide details of how I can override the default bahaviour?

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss

pgarg pgarg

Re: Change default tcp ports for Apache Ignite

commented by alexey goncharuk

I assume you are talking about the REST HTTP port. By default Ignite opens HTTP port 8080. You can override this behavior by either setting IGNITE_JETTY_PORT system property or by providing a path to Jetty configuration file in ConnectorConfiguration object which is set to IgniteConfiguration:

<bean id="ignite.cfg" class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
    <property name="connectorConfiguration">
        <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.ConnectorConfiguration">
            <property name="jettyPath" value="/path/to/jetty/configuration.xml"/>
        </bean>
    </property>

Note that system property overrides the port value set in Jetty XML configuration.

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss

pgarg pgarg

Re: Change default tcp ports for Apache Ignite

commented by colin duggan

Thanks, where do i set the Ignite sys properties?

-----
This post is migrated from now discontinued Apache Ignite forum at
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss

pgarg pgarg

Re: Change default tcp ports for Apache Ignite

This post was updated on .
commented by dmitriy setrakyan

You can add Ignite sys properties to JVM startup -DIGNITE_SOME_PROPERTY=abc either in your IDE or inside of bin/ignite.sh script.

-----