Cancel SQL Queries

Kurt Semba Kurt Semba

Cancel SQL Queries

Hi all,

We have a reporting application that is being built with Logi Info Studio that leverages the Ignite JDBC Thin Driver to access a remote Ignite server node that contains caches that have native persistence enabled. When certain queries are not designed correctly, there is a possibility that the query consumes much of the node’s resources for a longer than desirable duration. Is there a way to cancel/kill the query without shutting down the Ignite server? I am aware of client side options that can be defined in the Java client API, Golang client library, and Python client library, but there doesn’t appear to be any connection properties that provide a timeout (which is unfortunately what we are limited to for our application side controls in Logi Info Studio).

On a related note, are there server side controls that can be defined to mitigate any runaway queries?

Thanks

Kurt

Kurt Semba Kurt Semba

RE: Cancel SQL Queries

Hello,

how do I cancel a query using the Web Console? If I start the web-console and the web-console-agent  and login to the web console I cannot see any clusters/caches (although we have a bunch of caches on our cluster). The cluster, web-console and web-console agent are all running on the same VM… the agent starts up without any errors and says that it is connected.

I guess if I don’t see any caches I also won’t see queries and thus I cannot cancel them.

Thanks again

Kurt