Can we disable/enable WAL of a cache with thin client

Naveen Naveen

Can we disable/enable WAL of a cache with thin client

HI

I was just trying to disable WAL for one of the bulk data ingestion use case
and we are using Java thin client, am not finding any method to disable WAL
for a cache.
Using thick client, this is how we do

ignite.cluster().disableWal(cacheStr);

OR is it not there for thin clients ?

Thanks
Naveen

stephendarlington stephendarlington

Re: Can we disable/enable WAL of a cache with thin client

There’s no similar API currently as far as I know, but you might be able to use a SQL command:

ALTER TABLE cachename NOLOGGING;

To reenable:

ALTER TABLE cachename LOGGING;

Regards,
Stephen

> On 6 Jan 2021, at 13:34, Naveen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI
>
> I was just trying to disable WAL for one of the bulk data ingestion use case
> and we are using Java thin client, am not finding any method to disable WAL
> for a cache.
> Using thick client, this is how we do
>
> ignite.cluster().disableWal(cacheStr);
>
> OR is it not there for thin clients ?
>
> Thanks
> Naveen

Naveen Naveen

Re: Can we disable/enable WAL of a cache with thin client

Thanks Stephen

How do we verify from the SQL console that WAL is disabled or enabled.
Because I did set to nologging and did some bulk data ingestion, but not
much improvement in the ingestion process. So i just wanted to check whether
it has disabled the wal with this alter cache statement.

Thanks

Re: Can we disable/enable WAL of a cache with thin client

Hello!

You should see the WAL disable/enable messages in the logs of server nodes:
Global state for group durability has changed [name=MY_CACHE, enabled=true]

It's on INFO log level.