Cache entry cost and total cache memory footprint would be nice

Alex Rogachevsky Alex Rogachevsky

Cache entry cost and total cache memory footprint would be nice

CacheMetrics doesn't seem to have it. It comes handy during benchmarking. Hazelcast provides that info.
By "total footprint" I mean non-replicated one i.e. the combined cache size in memory (heap) in all primary (not backups) nodes - excluding all near caches and other service data. However the "query fields" and indexes should be included.

Re: Cache entry cost and total cache memory footprint would be nice

Alex,

This is a good point, thanks for bringing it up. I created a ticket to add this in one of the future releases: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1311

For now, if you want to have better control on memory consumption, I would recommend to switch to offheap memory. It's more compact because it never stores deserialized value and allows to limit the amount of allocated memory. And also there is CacheMetrics.getOffHeapAllocatedSize() that tells how much memory is already allocated. You can refer to this documentation page for more details: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/off-heap-memory

-Val
Alex Rogachevsky Alex Rogachevsky

Re: Cache entry cost and total cache memory footprint would be nice

Thanks, Val. I'll give it a shot.