CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

kami8707 kami8707

CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

HI, I have a problem, CPU high load 20% - 25%.

My servers informations: - My servers are NUMA, 24 cores and 32GB ram.
- I'm use Ignite v1.3.
- Java command run app: java -Xms8g -Xmx8g -server -jar GridGainBenchmark.jar

I attached my config gg.xml and source code to run test benchmark. Main.java, Group.java using externalizable.

These are some benchmark results put/get 500K entries on three node partitions.
- ONHEAP_TIERED enable off-heap eviction
Put: 107111 ms ~ 4668 msg/s
Get: 524107 ms ~ 954 msg/s
Near cache: 24917 ms ~ 20067 msg/s

- OFFHEAP_VALUES
Put: 104923 ms ~ 4765 msg/s
Get: 519992 ms ~ 962 msg/s
Near cache: 22889 ms ~ 21845 msg/s

- OFFHEAP_TIERED
Put: 104104 ms ~ 4803 msg/s
Get: 442893 ms ~ 1129 msg/s
Near cache: 6107 ms ~ 81873 msg/s

I don't know reason why OFFHEAP_TIERED is faster than ONHEAP_TIERED (with config data is not eviction).

I run benchmark same testcase on Hazelcast (on heap), CPU is less than ignite( only 2-3% total).

Have I do some thing wrong in Ignite?

Thank you so much.

alexey.goncharuk alexey.goncharuk

Re: CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

The results you are getting look strange to me. I tried running your code and configuration on a cluster and for OFFHEAP_TIERED I got results similar to yours, for ONHEAP_TIERED I got results twice as fast as off-heap. I would recommend adding at least a 30-seconds warmup to your code to get more stable and reliable results.

As for the CPU load, I also noticed about 20% load on servers (using top command), however this looks reasonable to me - it means that only single core out of 24 is loaded to about 1/5 of it's capacity.
kami8707 kami8707

Re: CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

CPU load in my case is 20% in total and CPU process in top cmd is 600 - 700 on put data and descrease to 120 - 140 on get data.

I will retest with your suggest.

Thank you.

kami8707 kami8707

Re: CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

I retest with warm up but result not change. Do you have some ideas. Thanks.

alexey.goncharuk alexey.goncharuk

Re: CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

Can you describe your environment in more detail? What OS and what version of Java are you using? Are you sure there are no other processes interfering with your test?
kami8707 kami8707

Re: CPU high load on ignite v1.3.

Hi. I test on 3 node partitions, every node is a physics server.

My server enviroment:
- Ram 32GB, 24 core cpu Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz.
- CentOS 6.6 64bit.
- Java version "1.7.0_60"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)
- Network card 1G bandwidth.

Thank you.