(CEP):How to Respond to a particular Input Stream (ie: Listener)?

techbysample techbysample

(CEP):How to Respond to a particular Input Stream (ie: Listener)?

Forum,

I am interested in utilizing Ignite's CEP (Complex Event Processing) features.

I have utilized Esper for CEP (Complex Event Processing) in the past.

Here is a basic example: https://coffeeonesugar.wordpress.com/2009/07/21/getting-started-with-esper-in-5-minutes/

Would you provide documentation/example on what Apache Ignite API's would be utilized
to respond to certain input streams of data when a condition is met to perform some action?

At a high level, I know that I would:

   1. Define a query for the condition I am interested.
   2. Next, I expect I would need to register a listener..
        What API in Ignite is used to model a listener for respective query?

Thank you in advance!

Re: (CEP):How to Respond to a particular Input Stream (ie: Listener)?

Hi!

The main API for streaming and CEP is IgniteDataStreamer, which can be used to stream events into Ignite cache: http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/streaming--cep

Ignite provides sliding window capabilities which are configured as cache eviction policies (http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/sliding-windows) and a full set of indexing and quering capabilities to query over streamed data (http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/cache-queries)

It also looks like continuous queries can be useful in your case. They allow to register listener for events filtered by some condition: http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/docs/continuous-queries

--
Val