C++; Cancelling Long Query

tolga tolga

C++; Cancelling Long Query

Hello,

What is the normal way to abort a statistical analysis SQL query that takes a long time while quitting the application while using ignite C++ client?

- Destructing the cache seems to be causing a fault.
- Destructing the grid looks good enough but throws some exceptions in JVM side so it may not be the right way to do it I think.
- Sending a custom signal does not seem to interrupt the query.
Igor Sapego Igor Sapego

Re: C++; Cancelling Long Query

Hi Tolga,

There is currently no such mechanism in C++. In Java you can set timeout for query.
Here is the ticket to implement this feature in C++ [1].

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5258

Best Regards,
Igor

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Tolga HOŞGÖR <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

What is the normal way to abort a statistical analysis SQL query that takes a long time while quitting the application while using ignite C++ client?

- Destructing the cache seems to be causing a fault.
- Destructing the grid looks good enough but throws some exceptions in JVM side so it may not be the right way to do it I think.
- Sending a custom signal does not seem to interrupt the query.

tolga tolga

Re: C++; Cancelling Long Query

Thank you.

While timeout mechanism is fine it would be great if there is a way to explicitly abort instantly if it is possible.
Igor Sapego Igor Sapego

Re: C++; Cancelling Long Query

Well, there is no public API for this even in Java. There is internal
API though, that can be used for that. If you think we should add
public API for this, feel free to start discussion on dev list.

Best Regards,
Igor

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM, tolga <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you.

While timeout mechanism is fine it would be great if there is a way to
explicitly abort instantly if it is possible.

Sergi Vladykin Sergi Vladykin

Igor Sapego Igor Sapego

Re: C++; Cancelling Long Query

Thanks Sergi, I've forgot about that. There is no explicit way to close
cursor in C++ though. Instead it will be automatically closed, once all
instances of related QueryCursor are destroyed. Maybe we should add
explicit 'close()' method.

Best Regards,
Igor