Best Practices for number of caches.

bearrito bearrito

Best Practices for number of caches.

Group,

Are there best practices or recommendations on the number of caches one should create?

In particular I'm looking to create append-only log type functionality with evictions. Suppose for instance I had many financial instruments and I wanted to store the last N number of price changes.  If it was wise to create many caches I can easily see how to do this with each event being a cache entry.

I would also have some small number of clients (20-30) that would be performing continuous queries over all these caches.

The number of caches would be at most 10K

-b
vdpyatkov vdpyatkov

Re: Best Practices for number of caches.

bearrito wrote
Group,

Are there best practices or recommendations on the number of caches one should create?

In particular I'm looking to create append-only log type functionality with evictions. Suppose for instance I had many financial instruments and I wanted to store the last N number of price changes.  If it was wise to create many caches I can easily see how to do this with each event being a cache entry.

I would also have some small number of clients (20-30) that would be performing continuous queries over all these caches.

The number of caches would be at most 10K

-b
Hello,

I think, 10К caches is not good idea. Each cache has more then 10Mb overhead and 10К caches will consume around 10Gb of heap size.

Can you clarify the problem?

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the
reply.