Best Practices for Deploying Ignite

Kevin Daly Kevin Daly

Best Practices for Deploying Ignite

I'm just wondering if I am deploying Ignite to Hardware let's say with 128GB RAM on each node.. Is it best to have just one ignite process run on the machine and use the entire machine.. Or should I run multiple ignite processes on the same machine?

Re: Best Practices for Deploying Ignite

In most cases it's OK to have one node per machine, but you should not allocate more than 10-12G of heap memory, because otherwise you will likely have long GC pauses. For storing the data you can use off-heap memory [1].

The only case when having several nodes per machine can be useful is when SQL queries are heavily used. If each node has less data, the SQL query execution can scale better and give better performance. Essentially, you will just better use CPU resources, so it's a good practice to start as many nodes as many cores you have.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/off-heap-memory

-Val
Jörn Franke Jörn Franke

Re: Best Practices for Deploying Ignite

In Addition to that you should make sure that you run JDK8, it has a lot of optimizations