Benefits of near cache other than get() ?

Hemambara Hemambara

Benefits of near cache other than get() ?

What are the operations,  out of below, that are purely benefited by near
cache. When I tested it other than get() I do not see any benefit of near
cache. All the other calls are going on network. I thought getAll(),
keySet() and entrySet() will be coming from local node, but they are going
to servers from client

put()
get() - local
keySet()
entrySet()
values()
getAll()
putAll()
equalsFilter

ibelyakov ibelyakov

Re: Benefits of near cache other than get() ?

Hi,

In case near cache contains requested data it will be used for read operations, such as get() and getAll(). If all the data from the cache doesn't fit into Near cache, then eviction will be applied and existing records in the cache will be replaced by the records from the remote node. Capacity of the near cache can be configured by "nearStartSize" property. More information regarding "near caches" can be found here:

Regarding keySet() and entrySet(), IgniteCache doesn't support such operations, more about IgniteCache API here:

Regards,
Igor Belyakov