Avoiding rebalance on process restart

Shaun Mcginnity Shaun Mcginnity

Avoiding rebalance on process restart

Hi,

I would like to run an Ignite cluster configured so that a process restart is not seen as a topology change i.e. if I have 5 servers in the cluster and 1 server fails then my cache should not rebalance to 4 clusters.

Is this possible to configure?

Regards,

Shaun McGinnity

Re: Avoiding rebalance on process restart

Hi Shaun,

When the node is stopped, it has to be removed from topology. However, if you want to avoid rebalancing process happening twice during quick restart, you can set a delay using CacheConfiguration.setRebelanceDelay() property. If the restart happens within this delay, there will be only one rebalancing.

Let me know if this helps.

-Val