Are services serialized ?

Mikael Mikael

Are services serialized ?

Hi!

How are services started on a node ? say a node goes down so a service
must be started on another node, will it send the serialized service
object I used at deployment or will it create a new instance of it in
the other node ?

And are services serialized for some other reasons ? do I need to set
transient member variables ?, say for example I have a socket object as
a member of the service implementation that I use for something ?

Mikael

Denis Mekhanikov Denis Mekhanikov

Re: Are services serialized ?

Hi Mikael!

Services along with ServiceConfiguration are put into a replicated system cache, so they are serialized at the moment of deployment and sent to all nodes in the cluster.
When service is deployed, it is deserialized.

So, if you have a field, that stores a socket instance, it's better to make it transient and create it in init() method.

Denis