Apache ignite mesos tried to connect tiny.cc for self updating

Yunfeng Yunfeng

Apache ignite mesos tried to connect tiny.cc for self updating

hi guys,

We are very impressed about the ignite technology. Currently we are testing ignite with Apache Spark inside a big corporation with firewalls.

We want to run Ignite over mesos as our Spark deployment is on mesos.

by running the following command to start a ignite mesos as suggested on the manual
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.5/docs/mesos-deployment

      java -jar ignite-mesos-1.5.3.jar

It throws following exceptions:

2016-01-21 14:33:48.251:INFO::main: Logging initialized @144ms
2016-01-21 14:33:48.309:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.2.z-SNAPSHOT
2016-01-21 14:33:48.351:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@66a0ba6c{HTTP/1.1}{vm-27dd-0bbb.nam.nsroot.net:48610}
2016-01-21 14:33:48.352:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @245ms
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed update ignite.
        at org.apache.ignite.mesos.resource.IgniteProvider.updateIgnite(IgniteProvider.java:172)
        at org.apache.ignite.mesos.resource.IgniteProvider.getIgnite(IgniteProvider.java:87)
        at org.apache.ignite.mesos.resource.ResourceProvider.init(ResourceProvider.java:55)
        at org.apache.ignite.mesos.IgniteFramework.main(IgniteFramework.java:77)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: tiny.cc
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:178)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:211)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:308)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:326)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:996)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:932)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:850)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1300)
        at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:468)
        at org.apache.ignite.mesos.resource.IgniteProvider.updateIgnite(IgniteProvider.java:150)
        ... 3 more

So ignite-mesos is trying to connect to tiny.cc for updating ignite. Unfortunately, tiny.cc is blocked in this company.

I am wondering is this the right way to deploy ignite over mesos? is there a way to avoid connecting to outside repository?

thanks.

Yunfeng
Nikolai Tikhonov Nikolai Tikhonov