Apache Ignite with istio/envoy mTLS

Saikiran Daripelli Saikiran Daripelli

Apache Ignite with istio/envoy mTLS

Hi,

   I am deploying ignite in Kubernetes in stateless mode, and will connect to cluster from services via java thick clients. I am using zookeeper based discovery as some of our clients(flink) is outside Kubernetes.

  I need some understanding on if I can use envoy proxy with istio mTLS for communication between clients <->ignite, ignite <-> ignite by deploying an istio sidecar proxy with does mTLS?

Regards,

Saikiran

akorensh akorensh

Re: Apache Ignite with istio/envoy mTLS

Hi,
   At this point(2.8.1), Apache Ignite does not support Thick clients being
outside of the K8 cluster.
   while servers being in the cluster.
Thanks, Alex

Saikiran Daripelli Saikiran Daripelli

Re: Apache Ignite with istio/envoy mTLS

Thanks you.

From: Denis Magda <[hidden email]>
Reply to: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, 24 July 2020 at 12:43 AM
To: user <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Apache Ignite with istio/envoy mTLS

To support this deployment model you would need to have a Kubernetes Service per Ignite server node so that remote thick clients can connect to any server from outside. Also, you would need to enable the following setting on the clients side (the setting will be released in Ignite 2.9): https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/developers-guide/clustering/running-client-nodes-behind-nat [gridgain.com]

--
Sent from: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/ [apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com]