Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

Hi All,

We are planning to use Apache ignite for distributed cache for .Net core web application.
I had gone through the basics of ignite.
Any suggestions on implementation of ignite with below points??
1. How/where to host server nodes? Eg separate web application / windows service.
2. Client nodes is nothing but main web application consuming cache from server nodes?
3. Any sample git repository for consuming ignite in .Net core??

Thanks,
Sudhir

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.

Re: Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

Hello!

1. They are usually ran as stand alone processes on the designated machines. You can probably convert them to windows services with some effort.
2. Client nodes are actually fully functional Ignite distributed topology nodes. You should start a single client per web application. use it for all Ignite operations.

ср, 28 авг. 2019 г. в 20:16, Sudhir Patil <[hidden email]>:

Hi All,

We are planning to use Apache ignite for distributed cache for .Net core web application.
I had gone through the basics of ignite.
Any suggestions on implementation of ignite with below points??
1. How/where to host server nodes? Eg separate web application / windows service.
2. Client nodes is nothing but main web application consuming cache from server nodes?
3. Any sample git repository for consuming ignite in .Net core??

Thanks,
Sudhir

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sudhir Patil,
+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.

+91 9881095647.
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

Consuming Ignite in .NET Core is not really different from classic .NET.

As for web application usage, there are many scenarios, I can suggest any of the following:

1) Start Ignite Server node right in your web app
Pros:
- Simplest development and deployment
- Best performance in cases of small deployments
Cons:
- Slow web app startup, increased resource usage on single machine/process

2) Start standalone Ignite nodes either on a separate cluster or on every server with web app, connect from web app with Thin Client
Pros:
- Fast web app startup
- Web app process is dedicated to serving web requests and does not share resources with Ignite, can be faster in large deployments with high load
Cons:
- Thin Client API is less capable than "thick" in-process mode

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:19 PM Ilya Kasnacheev <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+91 9881095647.
Alexandr Shapkin Alexandr Shapkin

RE: Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

Meanwhile, I think it’s true that we are lacking of complete .NET examples for modern apps.

It would be perfect if anyone would share their Ignite .NET experience so that we could collect them in a single place.

Incidentally, Pavel’s GitHub page is a good starting point.

Alex Shapkin
ptupitsyn ptupitsyn

Re: Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

I agree, and this has been on my list for a while, but never got to it.
We need a "real world" showcase, like some e-commerce website built entirely with Ignite.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Alexandr Shapkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Meanwhile, I think it’s true that we are lacking of complete .NET examples for modern apps.

It would be perfect if anyone would share their Ignite .NET experience so that we could collect them in a single place.

Incidentally, Pavel’s GitHub page is a good starting point.

SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

+91 9881095647.
SudhirPatil SudhirPatil

Re: Apache Ignite distributed cache for .Net core web app

Yes, Pavel's github examples are food starting point.

Regards
Sudhir