Apache Ignite: Multi-Node Setup on a single machine

Mario Rozario Mario Rozario

Apache Ignite: Multi-Node Setup on a single machine

I am looking at installing Apache on my laptop for a POC. Is there anyway I can simulate a multi-node environment on my single system (DELL laptop)? I read in the documentation that a single JVM instance can support a single NODE. So is there a way I can launch 3-4 JVM's on my system and configure them to support around 3-4 nodes thereby simulating a cluster environment? Has this been done before?
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: Apache Ignite: Multi-Node Setup on a single machine

This post was updated on .
Mario Rozario wrote
I am looking at installing Apache on my laptop for a POC. Is there anyway I can simulate a multi-node environment on my single system (DELL laptop)? I read in the documentation that a single JVM instance can support a single NODE. So is there a way I can launch 3-4 JVM's on my system and configure them to support around 3-4 nodes thereby simulating a cluster environment? Has this been done before?
Hi Mario. Please subscribe to the user list to receive email notifications.

With Ignite you can start multiple Ignite nodes on a single server and multiple Ignite instances within the same JVM. If you are looking to startup multiple Ignite nodes on a single server, simply execute "bin/ignite.sh my/optional/config/file.xml" multiple times or start it from code by executing "Ignition.start("my/optional/config/file.xml")" command from different processes.

If you are looking to start multiple Ignite nodes from within a single JVM, you can do that by executing the following code

IgniteConfiguration cfg1 = new IgniteConfiguration();

cfg1.setGridName("name1");

Ignite ignite1 = Ignition.start(cfg1);

IgniteConfiguration cfg2 = new IgniteConfiguration();

cfg2.setGridName("name2");

Ignite ignite2 = Ignition.start(cfg2);