[Apache Ignite] Better subject line for help sorting... PLEASE!

Steven Castano Steven Castano

[Apache Ignite] Better subject line for help sorting... PLEASE!

Is there any way we could get the listserv software used here to prepend the subject with something like what I did above [Apache Ignite] or even [Ignite Users]… SOMETHING like that. It’s super hard to look at my inbox and see a flood of list emails with no subject matching on them at all.

And before you all jump all over me about creating a filter and dumping all the emails into a folder or something. I know that’s possible, but I like being able to read them in my inbox without having to dive into a sub folder, but it would be nice when I got back to clean out my inbox a bit, I have an easy way to visually see what emails have come from this group.

*SMC

Steven Castano | [hidden email]

aealexsandrov aealexsandrov

Re: [Apache Ignite] Better subject line for help sorting... PLEASE!

You can just add an addition folder and filter that will check TO
address. In case if it contains "user @ ignite.apache.org" that move this
email to this folder.

BR,
Andrei

<https://www.stevenmcastano.com/pgpkey>>

Steven Castano Steven Castano

Re: [Apache Ignite] Better subject line for help sorting... PLEASE!

I’m aware of that, that’s what I was saying… the problem is, then it skips my inbox and doesn’t come up on my phone. So leaving it in the “inbox” folder so I can read it make it super disorganized to look at when I’m trying to scan through my emails to read, or later to sort back into a folder. So have a pre-pended subject would be great… in fact, it’s pretty much standard. Basically every other mailing list I’m a part of, all the GitHub notifications, etc… all have a pre-pended subject line for that exact reason.

*SMC

Steven Castano | [hidden email]

On Jul 22, 2019, at 5:41 AM, Andrei Aleksandrov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

You can just add an addition folder and filter that will check TO address. In case if it contains "[hidden email]" that move this email to this folder.

BR,
Andrei

On 2019/07/18 20:36:33, Steven Castano <s...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any way we could get the listserv software used here to prepend the subject with something like what I did above [Apache Ignite] or even [Ignite Users]… SOMETHING like that. It’s super hard to look at my inbox and see a flood of list emails with no subject matching on them at all.>
>
> And before you all jump all over me about creating a filter and dumping all the emails into a folder or something. I know that’s possible, but I like being able to read them in my inbox without having to dive into a sub folder, but it would be nice when I got back to clean out my inbox a bit, I have an easy way to visually see what emails have come from this group.>
>
> *SMC>
>
> Steven Castano | [hidden email] <ma...@yahoo.com>>
> Secure PGP Key: www.stevenmcastano.com/pgpkey <https://www.stevenmcastano.com/pgpkey>>

Re: [Apache Ignite] Better subject line for help sorting... PLEASE!

Hello!

I guess you can subscribe to get email batches, as opposed to individual messages. Those batches will have very distinct titles.