Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

Cristi C Cristi C

Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

Hello,

I see that subselects on partitioned caches don't return the correct results in the current version (the subselect is ran only on the partition on the current node)[1]. Are there any plans to enhance this support in the near future?

Thanks,
   Cristi

[1] http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Does-Ignite-support-nested-SQL-Queries-td1714.html#d1445954868220-448
Alexei Scherbakov Alexei Scherbakov

Re: Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

Hi Cristi,

There is a work in progress on supporting distributed joins without necessary data collocation, but it will work only for top level joins.

What means you'll need to rewrite a query containing subselect to the identical query with join.

I see that subselects on partitioned caches don't return the correct results
in the current version (the subselect is ran only on the partition on the
current node)[1]. Are there any plans to enhance this support in the near
future?

Thanks,
   Cristi

[1]
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Does-Ignite-support-nested-SQL-Queries-td1714.html#d1445954868220-448

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov
Cristi C Cristi C

Re: Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

Thanks for your reply, Alexei.

So, considering users will be able to use the distributed join workaround, you're not planning on making any enhancements regarding the distributed subselect in the near future, correct?

Thanks,
   Cristi

Sergi Vladykin Sergi Vladykin

dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Sergi Vladykin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Subquery in FROM clause should work with distributed joins enabled.
Subquery expressions (in SELECT, WHERE, etc...) must always be collocated.

Thanks, Sergi! This definitely helps. Is it going to be possible to support non-collocated joins in sub-queries in further releases? What are the challenges there?

Sergi

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Cristi C <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your reply, Alexei.

So, considering users will be able to use the distributed join workaround,
you're not planning on making any enhancements regarding the distributed
subselect in the near future, correct?

Thanks,
   Cristi

Cristi C Cristi C

Re: Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

Thanks, Sergi. I'll try that out.
Sergi Vladykin Sergi Vladykin

Re: Any plans to enhance support for subselects on partitioned caches?

I hope we will release distributed joins in 1.7 soon, but community can decide to go other way, so I can't promise.

Sergi