Affinity Key??

Ravi Puri Ravi Puri

Affinity Key??

what is affinity in practical terms. and affinity is predefined term or we need to make affinity function?
Artem Shutak Artem Shutak

Re: Affinity Key??

Hi, Ravi,

Please, refer to the Affinity documentation:
- https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation
- https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-modes

Thanks,
Artem.
Andrey Nestrogaev Andrey Nestrogaev

Re: Affinity Key??

Re: Affinity Key??

Hi Ravi,

Ravi wrote
what is affinity in practical terms. and affinity is predefined term or we need to make affinity function?
Affinity is a function that maps any cache key to a node where entry for this key is stored. It's pluggable in Ignite, so you're free to create your own function, but in 99.(9)% of use cases it's not needed and you can just use the default one provided out of the box.

Please let us know if you have any specific follow up questions.

-Val