About benchmark and scalability testing

hu-yl@neusoft.com hu-yl@neusoft.com

About benchmark and scalability testing

Hi,

    Is there somebody making the performance testing for Ignite?
    Who used the Benchmark Factory™ or BenchmarkSQL which supports TPC-C to test Ignite?

    I want to know how does Ignite compare with mysql or oracle in OLTP.

    Or, where can I find the related article?

    Any guidance about this would be much appreciated - thanks!

Bob

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Alexei Scherbakov Alexei Scherbakov

Re: About benchmark and scalability testing

Hi,

Some benchmarks are available on GridGain site:

I think Ignite can't be fully tested using SQL related benchmarks, because Ignite only supports
SELECTs.

Therefore, I recommend to measure Ignite's performance using your actual use-case.

Start from reading Ignite's documentation [1].

    Is there somebody making the performance testing for Ignite?
    Who used the Benchmark Factory™ or BenchmarkSQL which supports TPC-C to test Ignite?

    I want to know how does Ignite compare with mysql or oracle in OLTP.

    Or, where can I find the related article?

    Any guidance about this would be much appreciated - thanks!

Bob

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov
vdpyatkov vdpyatkov

Re: About benchmark and scalability testing

Hello,

In addition, banchmarks for Apache Ignite are made using  yardstik[1] framework.
Сan be found in the project ignite-yardstick[2]

Vladislav Pyatkov
hu-yl@neusoft.com hu-yl@neusoft.com

Re: Re: About benchmark and scalability testing

Hi,

    thanks.  I got it.

    The following question,
    do you think,  yardstik is suitable for making performance testing for Gemfire, another popular In-Memory product?

    or has somebody made this test already?

Bob