AWS Integration

aosmakoff aosmakoff

AWS Integration

Hi, I am trying to setup a grid that contains both AWS located nodes and ones in a private network. I understand that the nodes in the cloud will use S3 to register their IPs on startup allowing the node discovery by TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder. Outside of the cloud the grid might use muticast finder. My question is how to configure the grid in this mixed scenario. How nodes in two different domains will discover each other?
Many thanks. Cheers, Alex
yakov yakov

Re: AWS Integration

Alex,

You can use S3 IP finder for such deployment. Please note that nodes from AWS should be able to connect to private network as well as private nodes should be able to connect to AWS. This can be solved via VPN.

Please also take a look atĀ org.apache.ignite.configuration.AddressResolver. May be handy in your case.

--Yakov

Hi, I am trying to setup a grid that contains both AWS located nodes and ones
in a private network. I understand that the nodes in the cloud will use S3
to register their IPs on startup allowing the node discovery by
TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder. Outside of the cloud the grid might use muticast
finder. My question is how to configure the grid in this mixed scenario. How
nodes in two different domains will discover each other?
Many thanks. Cheers, Alex

aosmakoff aosmakoff

RE: AWS Integration

Thanks, mate. Much appreciated. Alex

You can use S3 IP finder for such deployment. Please note that nodes from AWS should be able to connect to private network as well as private nodes should be able to connect to AWS. This can be solved via VPN.

Please also take a look at org.apache.ignite.configuration.AddressResolver. May be handy in your case.

--Yakov

Hi, I am trying to setup a grid that contains both AWS located nodes and ones
in a private network. I understand that the nodes in the cloud will use S3
to register their IPs on startup allowing the node discovery by
TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder. Outside of the cloud the grid might use muticast
finder. My question is how to configure the grid in this mixed scenario. How
nodes in two different domains will discover each other?
Many thanks. Cheers, Alex

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/AWS-Integration-tp495p497.html

To unsubscribe from AWS Integration, click here.
NAML

This email, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute or use the information in this email in any way. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information in this email should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of the entity sending this message. Neither Macquarie Group Limited, nor any of its subsidiaries, guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files and are not responsible for any changes made to them by any other person.
dsetrakyan dsetrakyan

Re: AWS Integration

This post was updated on .
Here is the documentation for it:
http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.1/docs/aws-config
aosmakoff aosmakoff

Re: AWS Integration

Hi Guys. I can confirm now that your suggested approach did work well and we now have a grid running in AWS using S3 as IP facilitator. The only obstacle we had was with S3Finder supplied with Ignite. It assumes the access to the root of the file structure in S3. This is not always the case (not in our set up where particular development group has access only to a dedicated node somewhere down the tree) and required overriding S3Finder with a custom one allowing configurable initial path to be defined. I suggest you consider extending Ignite's S3Finder to allow this (just a new attribute etc).

However, we've got a problem in setting up a node within a JBOSS container as part of a hybrid topology we are trying to build. I am listing this as a separate problem: "Setting up Ignite node inside JBOSS 6 container".

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Alex