AWS/Elastic Beanstalk/Docker

user604 user604

AWS/Elastic Beanstalk/Docker

I am trying to use Ignite inside clustered docker containers that are deployed on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk.

I have issues with discovery.  When the container registers itself in the bucket, I see the IP address is listed as the private address for the docker container.

I have tried several things, including specifying the instance IP as the local node address to see if that will work using TcpDiscoverySpi setLocalAddress, but then it always complains about the port already being in use.

When starting the docker container, I publish the port with -p 47500:47500, and also it is exposed.

So far no luck.

I am not a docker expert - so I am hoping there is something simple that I am missing, because I am sure lots of people would like to run the clustered Ignite instances in docker containers.

BTW I get the same result if I just run it in docker containers locally.  The private address gets registered, and if I try and override it, it does not work either.

Thank you
Nikolai Tikhonov Nikolai Tikhonov

Re: AWS/Elastic Beanstalk/Docker

Hi,
> I see the IP address is listed as the private address for the docker container.
Addresses which used Ignite should be accessible from all hosts. You should start containers with --net=host to avoid using private address. This allow to use the host's network stack inside the container.

Hope this helps.